Tuesday 20 January 2009

Second Semester Life. . .





Phase II begins.
The almost half-way mark of my time overseas is approaching. My mom has come and left- Josh Goldberg has arrived- marking second-semester Hebrew U. Phase II rings in. My mom's visit was really nice. Spoiled for a week, stepping into places I wouldn't dare without her, solid Argentinian steaks and delicious funky dinners, a trip to Eilat and a journey across borders to Petra (Jordan), a trip up north to Herzliya to a Kosher Zen Spa (rockin' location), and some quality mom time. It went quickly, and now i'm back in Jerusalem.. still sittin' at that Cup O' Joe. The Cappuccino is gone, and i'm just trying to catch up on life. In two weeks I begin work, not really sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I'm looking forward to starting something new, and hoping that maybe some kind of work may give me insight of where I want to go work-wise from here.. but i'm also a bit nervous to begin and anxious for what i'll be doing, what it will be like, and I think i'm kind of awkward in office-like settings.. or I make it that way. In any event, i'll be working for the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs in one of their research departments. I suppose i'm finally doing the "real person" thing for a bit.. we'll see how it goes. Not much else to say for myself. This past week was really nice and relaxing. Jordan was pretty cool, Petra was beautiful, and Aqaba was funny. I felt a bit of Egypt in the dealings with the locals, but overall it was a pretty different vibe than my experiences in Egypt or elsewhere. One bummer from that trip might be that when I got to border control, they told me that crossing over would cancel my visa, then proceeded to tell me that I may not even be allowed back in- in the end I clearly got back in, but am currently not on a visa and have to go back to the office of the ministry of interior... not going to be a fun adventure for the second time.
Nice "O-H" props to Santonio Holmes.

No comments: